Many nights we’ve prayed
With no proof anyone could hear
In our hearts, a hopeful song
We barely understood
Now we are not afraid
Although we know there’s much to fear
We were moving mountains long
Before we knew we could
Transition is a dry place. Stepping out from a comfort zone into the unknown is challenging – you can experience confusion, unanswered questions, instability and fear.
I was reading Joshua 3 the other day and I discovered a few traits of a transition that managed to strengthen my faith and now, maybe yours.
- Transition is a place where you learn to depend on God and how to start to live by faith.
- Transition is a place where God’s power is manifested and miracles occur.
- Transition is where following God’s guidance is a MUST in order to come out of it safe and sound – He is holding the Jordan from crashing over you.
- Transition is a place where you experience the NEW.
- Transition is a place of self-reflection and transformation – the next level requires you to be better.
- The transition is what God will use to position you on a high place.
There can be miracles when you believe
Though hope is frail, it’s hard to kill
Who knows what miracles you can achieve
When you believe, somehow you will
You will when you believe
They don’t always happen when you ask
And it’s easy to give in to your fears
But when you’re blinded by your pain
Can’t see the way, get through the rain
A small but still, resilient voice
Says hope is very near.
So hang in there my friend, don’t stop believing, resist fear, stay close to God and soon enough, you will be on the other side.