So…this is awkward, I really didn’t think I was blogging award nomination worthy, but Niki from The Richness of a Simple Life did. I was happy when I found her blog because it’s filled with wisdom and encouragement and I wanna surround my blogging self with this sort of people that inspire me to be better and do better. Thank you, Niki! I am truly honoured.
To accept this award you have to:
- Show the award on your blog (insert the picture in your post)
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 blogs – link your nominees’ blogs and let them know.
Now this is a little tricky, cause they’re making me write 7 things about myself, one day after I just posted a list of 10 things about myself. But I looked deep inside and I said there must be more to me and I was right…so much more. I narrowed them down for you to these 7 right here and also took it to the next level.
- I love Friends and I’ve watched it so many times that I know the lines and everything. Two of my favourite episodes are the one with unagi and the one where Ross is fine. I can just hear him “I don’t know why it’s coming out all loud and squeaky, cause really, I’M FINE!” and, of course, the best toast about love ever.
- I considered a career as a singer, I’ve been on stage a few times, and while they say I’m pretty good, I just don’t feed on applause, it doesn’t bring any sort of satisfaction.
- In 7th grade we had to write an utopic story and I imagined myself going to college and living with my two best friends…it came true. Now I’m imagining a future in New York. If you read my Dream Things Into Life article, you’ll get it.
- My favourite Bible character is Paul. He’s an “against all odds” kind of guy…well most of them are, but then again, God is an “against all odds” kind of God.
- This one is for Suitors. Please don’t hate me, but I just really don’t think Rachel Zane is the right girl for Mike Ross. He should be with someone…I wanna say better…?
- I grew up in a poor family and we could only afford strictly what we needed, nothing more. Now, when I can afford and also deserve to spoil myself with things, I feel guilty for spending the money, so I have to weigh down how much I need the item, with it’s price and with how much I’ll use it to convince myself it’s worth it…weird.
- I can’t walk around on the street wearing headphones and listening to music because I feel the need to be aware of what’s happening around all the time…you know, like unagi :))
My nominations are some of the blogs I follow that also inspire me to be better and do better:
- Dhanu Randi – Journey of a Happy Gal
- Rose – Seeking You First
- Dawn Lajeunesse – JUST WRITE IT
- Adana – My think out
- Claudia Sava – Claudia Sava
- When you look for the good
- Juni Desiree – Juni Desiree Blog
- Finding Joy Again
- Mojade Adejokun – Screaming Loudly and Typing Louder
- Ameena Odukoya – Ameena’s Musings
As I understand, you don’t have to accept this award for which I’m nominating you, but if you do, you’ll have to follow the steps I listed above. It’s something about spreading the love ;).